Believe me, being the forgetful person I am, I’d kill to have an eidetic memory like Sheldon Cooper (The Big Bang Theory) or Mike Ross (Suits). I mean it’s probably the second most attractive thing in a person after intelligence.
(An eidetic memory without intelligence = not good enough (according to me)). Anyway, I would like to enumerate some of the many cons of having an eidetic memory too. (This is my way of saying “Grapes are sour.”)
- You can’t lie about forgetting something. For example, if your ex in infuriated that you didn’t wish him/her, you can’t say you lost his/her number, and that’s why couldn’t call.
- Once you see the calories of some food, you’d remember it, and that might haunt you when you’re tempted to eat it later and literally torment your will power for dieting.
- You become more susceptible to people trying to take advantage of this gift of yours (but then, this is possible for everything, I wouldn’t deny).
- If you witness any crime, you can’t lie about not remembering exactly what happened, so you won’t be offered hefty amounts to by politicians and other loaded people. (You’ll know what I mean if you’re an Indian.)
- Your elder or in fact younger siblings too would pester you for every little detail.
- Your phone wouldn’t stop ringing, because anyone needing some stats would rather prefer calling you up then searching for it.
- You’s ace your exams without studying much, and haters gonna hate. 😛
- When you break up with someone, his/her face won’t get hazy with time. This is a bummer, isn’t it?
- You never get to say, “Oh, I’m sorry, I forgot.” : the tried-and-tested priceless excuse for everything.
- You’d have so many factoids to share, but no one to listen. (Dude, that’s just uncool.)
- You’d remember every face you see, and reverse might not be true, so virtually for most of the people you somehow find familiar, you’d still be a stranger.
- You’d be so difficult to please. Nothing would seem new to you.
- Nostalgia would be your life, more or less.
- You could never forget the wrongs done to you, even if you forgive, you can’t just forget.
- No job would be good enough for you, “Oh, that! So petty! You, ordinary humans expect me to do THAT!!”
- And God forbid, if you lose your eyes, then you’re done for. 😀 (Just kidding.)
- Those who don’t know about your gift, would assume you to be a stalker.
People don’t just say, “The forgetful are the happiest” just like that. 😀 This might sound a little harsh though. By the way, I forgot to mention: eidetic memory means a photographic memory, in case you don’t know. 😀 😀